|AAM is the largest in-ground vinyl liner specialist and above ground pool sales and installation company is Southeast Texas. We have over 40 years experience, sold and installed thousands of above ground pools and have installed/remodeled hundreds of vinyl lined pools.Browse through our website to see AAM in-ground vinyl pool liner replacements, in-ground pool remodels, above ground pool sales, above ground pool installations and why we come so highly recommended.
Check out the Houston Pool blog. Our blog will contain important information for in-ground vinyl pools, above ground pools, liners and pool chemical use. We will be posting new information on a month basis that will help you keep your pool looking great.
Our above ground pool specialists and installation team are here to help with any job – big or small.
Services We Offer:
- Above Ground Installations
- Above Ground Pool Moves and Take Downs
- Spring Openings and Winter Closings
Houston Above Ground Pool – Articles and Blog Updates
10 Benefits Of Above Ground Pools
Above Ground Swimming Pools popularity will never die. They are great fun to family and friends. Regardless of the climate you are in, a pool is a benefit. Whether they are used to cool off or simply relax, pools are great to have. The question is what is the best kind of pool to get? An above ground pool has many pros that cannot be overlooked when comparing it to in-ground pools. Here is a list of pros for above ground pools in Houston, TX.
Both pools have their merits, but there is simply no reason other than preference to choose an in ground pool over and Above Ground Pools. Above Ground Pools offer everything that in-ground pools do and then some. Take it from AAM Pool Company – Above Ground Pools are where its at.
DIY Job??? Above Ground Pool Installation in Houston, TX
Every year, I get a called out to at least 10 jobs where the homeowner tries to install their newly bought above ground pool. Now, there is no shame in trying, but there are many parts of an above ground pool installation where experience only will get the job done the right way. For example, the ground work and installing the liner.
Every pool I install, I get the ground level to within an 8th of an inch. There is no special science to achieve a great above ground pool pad, but I have been doing it for a long time and know exactly how to do it. The “ground work” is by far the most important part of an above ground pool installation. If you take the time and perfectly level a pad, the installation will go much smoother. I have seen pools that were installed by homeowners that were so out of level, the water could not be circulated – The water level couldn’t reach the skimmer without overflowing on one side!
Second, the liner. I have seen some horrendous liner drops in my day. Not only by homeowners, but by people who call themselves “pool professionals.” Dropping in an above ground pool liner or an in-ground pool liner is no doubt an art. You need to know exactly what you are doing in order to get a wrinkle free liner. Experience only is how you will achieve a this. At AAM, we require all foreman to have at least 3 years experience before they can drop in liners.
In my 15 years of experience, I have yet to see a homeowner install a pool the correct way. If you are thinking about purchasing an above ground pool or having a new liner installed, please call AAM.
Above Ground Pool & In-Ground Pool SAFETY
As the swim season approaches, I figure we have talk about an extremely important issue - Swimming pool SAFETY. A few times a year, AAM Company has to decline work for liner installations or pool installations due to unsafe conditions.
If you are thinking about buying or already have a pool, please make sure that you are following all safety requirements. A great website for information on pool safety and safety requirements is http://www.poolsafely.gov/
Please review this quick checklist to ensure that your pool stays a fun and safe environment.
- The two most important – RESPONSIBLE ADULT SUPERVISION & NEVER LEAVE A CHILD UNATTENDED IN A POOL.
- Keep pool ring buoy or approved flotation device(s) near the pool. Make sure people know where they are located in case of an emergency.
- Make sure a first aid kit is near by.
- If you have a main drain(s), call a pool professional to see if your drain cover(s) meet current code.
- The Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act was passed and took effect in December 2008. (Anti-entrapment main drains).
- Make sure your pool is completely fenced in. The fence should be at least 4 ft. in height.
- Make sure that there are no electrical lines above or near the pool.
- Keep all chemicals AWAY from the pool. Pool chemicals react when wet.
- Keep toys out of the pool area when pool is not in use.
- NEVER dive into an above ground pool. Always know the depth of the pool before you dive.
- Post the 911 emergency telephone number.
- Have family members enroll in CPR or first aid courses, if they have not already.